Location: Beara Peninsula in County Cork, South West Ireland.
Dates: 13th—16th October 2019
Price: £5,750 per person, all inclusive.
What can you expect?
This three night retreat is an opportunity to take an intentional pause from your busy schedule and focus on your own self-development.
You will learn skills to manage digital distractions and gain a toolset to thrive in a time of digital transformation while safeguarding your wellbeing, creativity & productivity.
You will connect with an intimate group of people in similar senior leadership positions and discuss and support each other in how to bring these learnings back into the workplace to contribute positively to the culture of your company.
Your adventure will begin being collected from Cork airport and transported West in a private bus, winding its way along the Haven Coast stretch of the Wild Atlantic Way
You will be staying in Dzogchen Beara, a retreat centre located on the Beara peninsula in South West Ireland, County Cork. The centre sits high on cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean with breathtaking views of sea and sky, offering accommodation including secluded clifftop cottages and private conservatory rooms.
On arrival we will gather for our first evening meal together where you will deepen your connection with your fellow peers and learn more about the days ahead.
This will be your home for the following two and a half days, providing the perfect environment to relax, reflect and deepen your skills for human-first leadership in a demanding digital environment.
What is the focus?
Each of our retreats brings together a unique combination of individuals with their own skills and experience. We tailor the exact schedule of our time together based on the needs of the participants, but to give a sense of the content we will draw from some of the following topics:
Digital Habits & Boundaries
- A foundational insight into the very real consequences of digital distraction on our wellbeing, creativity and productivity. Drawing on research from Neuroscience, Mindfulness and Behavioural Science you will learn essential skills to transform your digital habits to allow you to thrive at home and at work.
Awareness & Purpose
- The skills of awareness which help create good digital habits are a powerful foundation on which you can continue to build. Learn how to use the new space provided by healthy digital habits to reconnect with your own deeper sense of purpose and to bring embodied awareness into your daily life.
Creativity & Deep Work
- In order to accomplish the challenging but deeply satisfying problem solving which your job demands, you need a laser focus which is often hard to come by. Learn how to clarify your boundaries with technology, and design an environment around you which nurtures your creativity and allows you to engage in regular deep work.
Communication & Relationships
- Communication and human relationships are foundational skills for any successful team, yet modern digital communication tools and meeting structures often suffocate their potential. Learn how to embrace deep listening skills to be fully present with your colleagues, not only to support them but also to dramatically enhance your teams performance.
Neuroscience & Leadership
- Our thought patterns, analytical skills, moods, emotional reactions, habits, relation-building and communication skills, our ability to change fast and to understand others fast, our overall influence and persuasion power, and almost anything else you can come up with concerning leadership can be traced back to the brain. You will learn how to allow your brain to make you a great leader.
Behaviour Design & Cultural Change
- Being able to identify negative digital habits is one thing, but being able to effect genuine long term change in both yourselves and the working cultures around you is another thing entirely. You will explore effective techniques you can use to help create the change that is needed, and gain insight and inspiration through conversations with your peers.
The main sessions will take place in this circular room overlooking the Atlantic ocean
Who is it for?
As a leader, you're responsible for a team, the direction they take, how they carry out their work, how they innovate, and how they thrive in a culture of digital transformation. That’s a lot of responsibility to hold and sometimes when looking after others we neglect ourselves. This retreat is a perfect opportunity to re focus and prioritise your own journey.
- You work in a demanding and rapidly changing digital landscape and are looking for space and a facilitated environment in which to cultivate the necessary skills to thrive
- You have been looking for opportunities to be part of a group of peers for support in understanding the future of work and how to guide your team in sustainably navigating technology's demands.
- You need to pause, reflect and reconnect with your own sense of intention and purpose as a leader, in order to be able to lead others.
Why Dzogchen Beara in Ireland?
Dzogchen Beara is a Tibetan Buddhist Retreat centre situated on the wild and spectacular Beara Peninsula. It is difficult to do justice in words to the beautiful natural environment and atmosphere of profound peace which it radiates. It is quite simply the perfect support for a period of calm and reflection.
Through their selection of onsite accommodation—secluded clifftop cottages, private conservatory rooms and a budget hostel—they open their doors all year around to anyone who wishes to either spend some contemplative time alone, or unwind with friends or family.
It is also home to a Spiritual Care Centre—a building which offers personal support to those facing long-term or life-limiting illness, living with disability, or suffering from grief, stress or burnout.
There are a number of cliff-top cottages which have been renovated to a high standard in the last year. All are spectacularly situated with breathtaking views over the Atlantic Ocean. Each cottage has a fully equipped kitchen and large living room.
There is also a broad selection of rooms in the main building, a modern and comfortable build with generous shared communal spaces with wood burning stoves. Some rooms have private conservatories with ocean views, and all are ensuite.
This will be a highly personal experience—with no more than 12 participants spending nearly three days exploring deeply meaningful topics in a collaborative way.
We will therefore be considering participants on an individual basis to ensure the diversity and spirit necessary to provide this environment. If you would like to attend then please fill out this short application and let us know why you think you would be a good fit.
Ticket prices include transport to and from Cork Airport, accommodation, food and all retreat programme and activities. You will be responsible for your flights to Cork, and any travel insurance needed for your stay.